Tuesday

Painting from My Past




I've been painting it seems forever, although there were gaps of years here and there that I didn't pick up a brush. The late 80s brought the Macintosh computer into my world and it took over my creativity. But on occasion I would still turn out a painting for a special occasion. In 1989 I painted this very nostalgic subject... Boxer puppies. It was a wedding present for my cousin. This watercolor painting is of 2 generations of Boxers I raised.
I no longer have dogs (haven't had for 20+ years), only cats and I often miss the 'dog' companion connection. This brings back fond memories of Indiana, being home on the farm and of my far off cousins The Hattons.
.

5 comments:

mary jane said...

wow! you should paint more often!
that is amazing!

industrialpoppy said...

Oh this is just amazing! Beautiful! And I like your post about inspiration-I just did one myself!

jenjems said...

This is so precious. I have an 11 year old boxer and can't imagine ever not owning one. They're amazing little beasts!

Walk in the Woods said...

What a sweet, sweet painting! Paint more! Paint more!

DZFANTASY said...

HOW FANTASTIC!! It is a masterpiece! You really should do more paintings!! I LOVE dogs!

Shop for Digital Downloads of My Art & Photography