Friday

En Plein Air at Lyndale Park Gardens, Minneapolis


Nothing compares to painting outdoors! Get out into nature, even if its in a public garden. Why sit for hours in a studio with artificial light, sound and smells when the fresh air and sunshine outdoors soothes your soul and feeds your creativity.

A recent trip to the Lyndale Park Gardens in Minneapolis was so inspiring I'll be returning there this weekend. The gardens are named separately, but they flow one into the other. The Rose Garden is on the South side along with a beautiful fountain complete with cherubs. On the North side is the newest addition, the Peace Garden. The abundance of flowers with breath taking colors, scents and size, made it difficult to make a decision what to paint first. Weather was a comfortable 80 degrees with a slight breeze. The only obstacles to picking the right spot, was dodging the many sprinklers. With watercolor painting supplies, it's best to avoid them.

You can see more of my art in my shop.

4 comments:

Kylie B said...

Oh wow beautiful and enjoy the weather!

Kathy Martin Studio said...

I would soooo love to paint outdoors, but I need so much junk when I do my work I'd not be able to haul it all out somewhere. =) Also it's been about 115 degrees here in Las Vegas! =) Maybe I'll give it shot when it cools down a bit. =)

Smiles,
Kathy

http://www.kathymartinstudio.etsy.com

Kathy Martin Studio said...

I would soooo love to paint outdoors, but I need so much junk when I do my work I'd not be able to haul it all out somewhere. =) Also it's been about 115 degrees here in Las Vegas! =) Maybe I'll give it shot when it cools down a bit. =)

Smiles,
Kathy

http://www.kathymartinstudio.etsy.com

ARTISANNE said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day! We have just too much rain to even attempt anything outdoors today, your art is beautiful :0)

Shop for Digital Downloads of My Art & Photography

My Other Art... TwistmoDecals.com & TwistmoDownloads.com